11402 Reviews Scanned Last Updated: Aug 6, 2020
There are aspects that you need to know to get the most out of your wire stripper or any other tool. Some are designed to perform repetitive coatings quickly and others are intended for repair work that requires care and versatility. In this article, we briefly explain the most important criteria.
Irwin usually does a good job with its tools, which is an example of a well-made stripper. Trust me-I know strippers. The stripper feels great in her hands. The stripper commands are much sharper than most strippers you meet. Its hinges are a perfect tension, and it never hovers looking for tips. Well done!
- Description:IRWIN VISE-GRIP Wire Stripping Tool / Wire Cutter, 8-Inch (2078309)
- Item Weight:3.04 ounces
- Product Dimensions:10.63 x 8.94 x 0.34 inches
- Style:Cutter only
- Warranty:Full Lifetime Guarantee - Each IRWIN hand tool is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the tool under normal wear and tear, except for damage caused by misuse or alteration.
- Stripping and cutting 10-22 AWG
- Wire cutting machines with induction hardening cutting edges stay sharp for longer
- The clamp head allows the stripper to pull the steel wire into the wire.
- The bolt cutter cuts the bolt to the right size and leaves the perfect lead thread.
- Crimped insulated and non-insulated terminals
This is a "you get, you pay" situation. This is exactly what they say, but the connectors do not hold the jaws tightly together, so they often cut off a stranded wire, or almost but not all parts of the insulation. It is available and better than just an ordinary wire cutter, but not as good as my main stripper, which may cost twice as much as mine.
- Description:DOWELL 10-22 AWG Wire Stripper Cutter Wire Stripping Tool And Multi-Function Hand Tool，Professional Handle Design And Refined Craftsmanship.
- Item Weight:4.8 ounces
- Package Dimensions:8.8 x 3.1 x 0.5 inches
- Size:7 x 2.1 x 0.5in
- Color:Yellow and black
- Material:Stainless Steel
- Dowell handle: the handle is made of PP+TPR material, feel comfortable, in line with ergonomic design, the best force transmission. It is most suitable for wet and greasy hands.
- Wire stripper: copper and aluminum cables for 10-22AWG. Built-in wire cutter.
- Total size (locked): 7 x 2.1 x 0.5 in.
- Simple operation: simple one-handed grasping, grasping, pulling off the coat action, wire cutting clean.
This is a well-done stripper / crimp / cutter. Frankly, the quality is much better than I expected. I can wholeheartedly recommend the purchase of this item. You won't be disappointed. Only one negative has to do with the purchase, it has nothing to do with the project itself. The seller's constant nagging of feedback is so bad (I even have multiple requests before I get a chance to use the tool), I don't know if I want to deal with them again. The item gets 5 stars and the seller gets 1 star.
- Description:WGGE WG-015 Professional crimping tool/Multi-Tool Wire Stripper and Cutter (Multi-Function Hand Tool)
- Manufacturer:W&G Global Electronics Inc
- Item Weight:7.8 ounces
- Package Dimensions:11 x 3.5 x 1 inches
- Material:High carbon alloy steel
- A strongly clenched sawtooth nose for easy bending, shaping, and wire drawing
- WGGE cut and peel wires and coils 10-22 AWG solid copper or aluminum cables
- The cutting action is combined with an ergonomic arc handle.
- Different from the traditional wire stripper, the high-carbon alloy steel has such an accurate amount of wire stripping, thus ensuring the lifting time. Different from the traditional wire stripper, the high-carbon alloy steel has such an accurate amount of wire stripping, thus ensuring the lifting time. Quality assurance (not satisfied? Accept refund or replacement). We hope to provide the best shopping experience for every customer.
- All-in-one, can be used in crimped insulated and non-insulated terminals.
Don't waste your time buying the Owen version. I did, and a day later I sent it back because it was effective 80% of the time. The Klein tool costs $7 more, but it works 100%, has nothing around, and has to try two or three times to peel off a wire. That's great, and no one pays for my point of view.
- Description:Wire Cutter and Stripper, for 8-20 AWG Solid and 10-22 AWG Stranded Electrical Wire Klein Tools 11063W
- Brand:Klein Tools
- Manufacturer:Klein Tools
- Item Weight:14.6 ounces
- Product Dimensions:6.63 x 4 x 1.2 inches
- Size:Pack of 1
- Warranty:Klein Tools warranty covers any defects in quality or workmanship. It does not cover a tool if the tool simply wears out or has obviously been abused. Our quality data demonstrates that we have very few quality issues. Those that we do find are addressed aggressively. Our quality is excellent because we use the highest quality materials and employ the most modern manufacturing and quality systems in the world - right here in the USA. All Klein Tools distributors are required to process warranty returns. If you have a problem with a warranty return, you may want to consider using a different distributor because most of our distributors perform this process without hesitation. They know we back up our products and provide them prompt credit for warranty returns.
- Compound action peeling: single action squeezing action clamping peeling
- Wire strippers and cutters easily cut and peel 8-20 AWG solid and 10-22 AWG multi-strand strands
- The tension-loaded wire fixture gently holds the cable while maintaining the geometric shape of the cable.
- Remove insulation (sheath) up to 1 inch (25 mm) in a single step
- Precision machined stripping holes can easily remove insulation without damaging wires.
I needed to resize the coaxial cable at home, so I started studying the process. I finally ordered the kit, received it yesterday, and I don't have any experience replacing connectors on coaxial cables. I saw orange X things on the coaxial stripper in the toolbox with numbers and letters on them, but I didn't know how to change them. I also see the blade inside, but I don't know how to move the blade to a different setting! The bad news is that there are no manuals or instructions for this toolkit! The good news is that I found a video on YouTube that explains how to use the coaxial cable striptease that comes with the kit, among other things. So, this YouTube video really gives me all the details I need for the RG-6 coaxial cable. After watching the video, I could easily cut the cable short and add a new connector at the end! It's pretty good and easy. I've uploaded it here, and I hope it will help others along the way. Good luck! The toolkit works well, and the RG-6 coaxial cable settings are preset by default. So, for me, it works very well, and it's very easy to use. It's not clear why manufacturers don't include manuals, but it looks like a more popular, more expensive Chinese version of the model. The kit is only half the price left, and the quality is much higher than the junk you usually get from cheap goods made in China. So I strongly recommend this toolkit, in addition to the lack of manuals, it is a great purchase.
- Description:Coax Cable Crimper, Coaxial Compression Tool Kit Wire Stripper with F RG6 RG59 Connectors
- Item Weight:1.1 pounds
- Package Dimensions:8.2 x 5.1 x 1.2 inches
- Color:Coax crimper
- [compression / crimping tool 3 in 1] used in conjunction with RG-6, RG-59, RG-58, BNC, RCA, etc., compatible with most brands of compression joints, compression distance: 20.3mm, extrusion fixture adopts high standard crimping die. The pressing is accurate, and it is not easy to damage the F head. It not only ensures the stamping quality, but also shows an exquisite stamping appearance.
- [specification of rotary cable stripper] adopts RG58/59/62/6/3v2v/4c/5c,2 blade design; blade is fully adjustable and replaceable; made of high impact material.
- [compressed F Connector] High quality connectors are designed to provide professional, safe and waterproof connections for RG6 coaxial cables. All-metal structure, anticorrosive nickel plating. Suitable for indoor / outdoor, for tight climate sealing connection. It is suitable for a variety of coaxial cable applications, such as antenna, cable television, satellite, closed circuit television, broadband wiring and so on.
- [best for you] this compression kit is a compact solution for technicians and DIY to use the industry's highest-performing coaxial cable termination tools.
- [applications] this convenient toolkit is what you need, whether it's installing satellite TV dishes / closed-circuit TV, mobile cable TV and cable modems, or wiring your new home.
I installed an alarm system in my 2009 Jeep Patriot, which has everything I need. All the installations are there. Wire striptease is quite good and easy to use.
- Description:WORKPRO 582-piece Crimp Terminals, Wire Connectors, Heat Shrink Tube, Electrical Repair Kit with Wire Cutter Stripper
- Manufacturer:HANGZHOU GREATSTAR INDUSTRIAL CO.LTD
- Item Weight:2.64 pounds
- Package Dimensions:11.2 x 7.3 x 3.3 inches
- Size:Full Size
- The complete set of equipment is matched with the wire cutting stripper, and the wiring is convenient to use.
- Various 582 wire terminals and other accessories with transparent boxes for easy access.
- Widely used in electrical insulation, harness, color coding, mechanical protection, wire / cable joints and maintenance.
- Including ring terminals, shovel terminals, docking connectors, convex and concave quick connections.
- All terminals, connectors and shrink tubes are certified by UL
How do I start this review about Tiffany.. She makes life better and knows how to work. I've never had a high-quality stripper playing all the tricks behind me. Most of the time, she does it the way you want. Like most strippers, if you don't clean her or use them in a hurry, they will behave carelessly or make mistakes. So my advice is to make sure their mouths are clean and there are no nodules from their last job. Tiffany did a good job as a cutter, but I called a pair of dams Pat because of the heavier work. I don't use Tiff Curl because I have someone else to do it, but she can handle the task if she needs to. The bottom line is, if you have a lot of wires and need a good stripper to help you, Tiffany will help you.
- Description:IRWIN VISE-GRIP Wire Stripper, Self-Adjusting, 8-Inch (2078300)
- Item Weight:0.01 ounces
- Product Dimensions:2 x 4 x 11 inches
- Size:8" - wire stripper
- Style:8-inch self-adjusting wire stripper
- Warranty:Manufacturer Warranty
- Adjustable block: built-in adjustable block to control the length of the core belt.
- Automatic adjustment: our automatic adjustment mechanism can peel the wire from 10 AWG to 24 AWG. Mandible width: 2 inches
- Wire stripping: peel the wire from 10-24 AWG while rotating the knob to fine-tune to accommodate wire stripping specifications less than 20 AWG
- Service life guarantee: each Owen hand tool ensures that there are no defects in materials and workmanship during its service life.
- Crimping: crimping 10-22 AWG insulation, 10-22 AWG non-insulation, 7-9 mm ignition terminal
I couldn't be happier when I received the gold of the day. Like everyone else, I sacrificed my first attempt, cut off the end, and succeeded in all connections. There are instructions (if you call it that), but they are very bad. The first adjustment to peel the blade and use the tool is just a bit of a try and error. If you need the exact quantity they ship, you may need one or two more. Still, it was very good value for me and provided everything (components and tools) I needed to get the job done. It is recommended that you squeeze the tool step by step at the end of using the compression tool. The first one I tried, I did it with a sudden immediate force, and it didn't work.
- Description:Coax Cable Crimper Elibbren Coaxial Compression Tool Kit with Wire Stripper Tool F RG6 RG59 Connectors of 10PCS
- Item Weight:14.9 ounces
- Package Dimensions:9.5 x 5.2 x 1.2 inches
- Voltage:110 volts
- Coaxial cable crimper is designed to provide professional, safe and waterproof connections for RG-6, RG-59, RG-58, BNC, RCA, etc. Accurate compression, not easy to damage F head.
- Adjustable coaxial cable stripper with RG58/59/62/6/3v2v/4c/5c, double blade design, free adjustment and replacement of blades.
- High-quality F joints are metal structure, corrosion-resistant nickel plating. High quality, high conductivity, widely used in cable television, audio-visual and other fields.
- High precision hardness tool steel, light weight, easy to carry, durable, long service life. Welcome to buy!
- Coaxial compression tools are suitable for the installation of satellite TV / closed-circuit television, mobile cables and cable modems, wiring of new houses, etc.
I like it because I use it for my own purposes in my electrical work.
- Description:Wire Twisting Tools, Wire Stripper and Twister, Wire Terminals Power Tools for Stripping and Twisting Wire Cable (2, Blue and Orange)
- Item Weight:3.98 ounces
- Package Dimensions:4 x 1.4 x 1.1 inches
- Color:Blue and Orange
- Durable materials: made of durable metal materials, not easy to break; good performance even in bad conditions, not afraid of collision, no need to wait to work continuously.
- Improve work efficiency: the stripping twisted wire machine is used in conjunction with the electric drill, and the twisted wire can be wound around the steel wire at the same time, which helps to improve productivity, prevent finger injury and relieve fatigue.
- You will get: 2 wire terminal power tools, 1 is 3-way, 1 is 5-way, 4 squares; they are available in blue and orange.
- Note: for your safety, you must always turn off the circuit breaker before operating the electrical system.
- Easy to operate: the stranding tool can be connected with the electric drill with complete functions; when ready, turn on the electric drill and the work can be completed smoothly.
Excellent products and equally excellent customer service. I ordered these things around the holiday, so when I encountered a small problem, I e-mailed them late at night and was shocked to get a reply within an hour. MulWark goes to great lengths to make sure that I am satisfied with their products, and based on that alone, I can't wait to try their future products. Although I already have several sets of precision screwdrivers, I still want to order one because I am impressed by the quality of their tools and customer service.
- Description:MulWark 8" Heavy Duty Multi-Purpose Electrical Wire Stripping Tool (22 AWG - 8 AWG) Strippers, Snips, Crimpers & Pliers Insulated with Cutter, Best Tool For Professional Electrician - Upgraded
- Item Weight:2.4 ounces
- Product Dimensions:10.1 x 4 x 0.6 inches
- Pattern:8" Traditional Wire Strippers
- Heavy-duty screw / bolt cutter: clean cut commonly used 6-32, 8-32, 10-32, 4-40, 10-24 and 5-40 caliber copper screws. As a metric thread cutting machine, it can cut 10-22 bolts and leave perfect lead threads.
- Stripping and cutting wires: this multi-wire stripping tool can quickly peel off 24, 22, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12 AWG solid wires and 10-22 AWG strands, such as Romex cables; high-frequency heat-treated sharp blades allow clean cutting on even thicker wires, such as speaker wires.
- Lifetime warranty: as long as you own this product, all MulWark tools are guaranteed to be free of defects in materials and workmanship, you can return this product free of charge with the original purchase receipt, or you can choose to replace it.
- Integrated crimping tool: the electric crimping tool can be used for crimping insulated and non-insulated terminals, such as ignition terminals, wire rope sleeves, butt joints, closed connections, etc.
- Cushion handle: compared with the traditional WEDM ABS handle, this host uses ergonomic anti-skid rubber handle, firm grip strength and eliminate hand fatigue.
|# TOP||1-VISE GRIP Strippin...||2-DOWELL Stripper Mu...||3-WGGE Professional...||4-Stripper Electrica...||5-Coax Crimper Compr...||6-WORKPRO 582 Piece...||7-IRWIN VISE GRIP 20...||8-Crimper Elibbren C...||9-Twisting Stripper...||10-MulWark Multi Purp...|
|Manufacturer||IRWIN||DOWELL||W&G Global Electronics Inc||Klein Tools||Royalsell||HANGZHOU GREATSTAR INDUSTRIAL CO.LTD||IRWIN||Elibbren||Frienda||MulWark|
|Item Weight||3.04 ounces||4.8 ounces||7.8 ounces||14.6 ounces||1.1 pounds||2.64 pounds||0.01 ounces||14.9 ounces||3.98 ounces||2.4 ounces|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||-|
|Size||8-inch||7 x 2.1 x 0.5in||-||Pack of 1||-||Full Size||8" - wire stripper||Red||-||-|
|Material||Iron||Stainless Steel||High carbon alloy steel||STEEL||Plastic||Steel,ABS,plastic||-||-||Metal||Metal|
|Date First Available||September 5, 2008||February 20, 2017||July 15, 2017||June 27, 2017||February 21, 2017||December 6, 2017||July 8, 2007||June 20, 2018||July 7, 2019||November 22, 2016|
|Package Dimensions||-||8.8 x 3.1 x 0.5 inches||11 x 3.5 x 1 inches||-||8.2 x 5.1 x 1.2 inches||11.2 x 7.3 x 3.3 inches||-||9.5 x 5.2 x 1.2 inches||4 x 1.4 x 1.1 inches||-|
|View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon|
Best Wire Strippers Buying Guide
1. Manual or automatic
Before taking into account the other criteria you must decide on a type of wire stripper according to its operation. A good parameter on what you should buy is the amount of cable you have to strip. If it is a lot, a pair of automatic wire stripper is preferable.
An automatic wire stripper is the most recommended for its accuracy when removing insulation just where you want it. If you need to splice a second cable into the main one, it will create enough space for that. However, the price of obtaining that precision and comfort is that the tool will be larger, bulky and, in general, less maneuverable.
On the other hand, the manual wire stripper is usually small and thin, allowing you to get to the place where you need to work to cut the insulation and remove it. A disadvantage is that if you don’t have more experience working with wire or have a lot of work to do, it can be overwhelming and do a careless job.
2. Cable thickness or gauge
The second principle of any wire stripper is to recognize what wire gauge you are going to strip. Basically, the gauge is a term to describe the cable diameter. If you need to work on thicker cables, there are models that can handle that, just be sure to check the product specifications first.
Whether they are blades such as those found in the automatic adjustment wire stripper or cutting holes in the manuals, it is always advisable to look for precision engineering. The cutting edge is really the most important element in a wire stripping tool, so it should be the best possible to ensure the highest accuracy over and over again.
To use a wire stripper in the best way, it is important for you to hold it comfortably and above all, stability. Having a stable grip means you will be very firm. Some wire strips have rubber grips that allow maximum traction and grip, while others do not and maybe uncomfortable after using them for a long time.
You cannot emphasize enough on the fact that you are working with cable so that they can finally conduct electricity. Doing the job right is therefore essential, not only to ensure that when the switch is activated, electricity flows freely but also so that everything works safely.
You need to ensure the handles are correctly insulated with rubber. Maybe even with separators made of non-conductive materials. So much so, they may cost a little more, but if you plan on doing a lot of electronic work, or even more, working on active lines, that little extra could literally save your life.