15939 Reviews Scanned Last Updated: Aug 6, 2020
As the good weather and the mowing season approaches, you may be considering changing your old mower to a newer model. After all, careless lawns are not attractive. Taking care of your garden can be a relaxing and fun activity, provided you have the right tools.
A good lawn mower can be your best companion in garden care. In the market, you will find a wide variety of mowers. Each model has its characteristics and will adapt to a type of garden. In this guide, we will explain everything you need to know to buy the best model in the market. Read on!
This review has two parts: 1. Product Review 2. Snow Joe Customer ServiceProduct Review-, let's start with the challenges I have to address. I have a lawn covering an area of 2000 square feet. FT 。 It has never been discovered in the past seven years. The health of the lawn has been declining steadily, and no amount of fertilizer or weed control can restore the early glory of the lawn. After abandoning the chemical treatment, I tried aeration. It must have helped, but I didn't see any real improvement in my lawn health. Finally, it occurred to me to solve the problem. My lawn has become a patchwork of living and dead grass. I picked up Sun Joe AJ801E for three reasons: 1. It has the most powerful motor on Amazon (ampere consumption) for weeding 2. It has a scraper / scraper, which probably makes it easier for me to replant in the target area of my lawn. My "Mow,Blow,&Go" gardener claims that all the herbicides on my lawn are rented to golf courses. It was super easy to assemble, but I had some problems with one of the metal arms that could not be properly installed in the main dust collector. There will be more later. Product performance: I ran Sun Joe with 0 "on a small part of my lawn. During a trip across a 10-foot lawn, the capture bag was filled with thatch! I was shocked. Looking at the lawn, I could hardly see that Sun Joe had actually lifted something out, but the whole bag told me that was not the case. I ended up covering 200 square feet of my lawn and had to run many times.
- Description:Sun Joe AJ801E 13 in. 12 Amp Electric Scarifier + Lawn Dethatcher w/Collection Bag, Green
- Brand:Sun Joe
- Product Dimensions:21 x 23 x 41 inches
- Item Weight:27 pounds
- Manufacturer:Snow Joe
- Adjustable deck: tailor raking depth with 5-position depth control
- Powerful: 12-amp motor rakes a 13" wide path to get your job done faster
- We’ve got you covered! : your new Dethatched is backed by the snow Joe + Sun Joe customer promise. We will warrant New, powered products for two years from the date of purchase. No questions asked. Contact snow Joe + Sun Joe customer Support at 1-866-766-9563 for further assistance.
- Scarified: use the Scarified function to cut grass roots for thicker growth, healthier lawns
- Air boost technology: spring Steel tines for maximum thatch pickup
- Accessories: detachable thatch collection bag for easy disposal
Great lawnmower. Use the heavy No. 12 extension line to provide adequate power. You must take your time on the tall grass to make sure it is dry after rain or watering. For 69-year-old semi-disabled women (5 to 5 "168 pounds tall), the operation is very convenient and easy. Just be very careful to keep the extension line away from the mowing path and away from your feet. Be alert to this & just cut it open!. You don't need to pull the boot, and you don't need a man to start it. Just press the button and pull up the handle. Don't worry about. For a moment, your lawn is easy to mow and beautiful again. :) jlp 。
- Description:Greenworks 20-Inch 3-in-1 12 Amp Electric Corded Lawn Mower 25022
- Product Dimensions:26.9 x 16.1 x 18 inches
- Item Weight:56 pounds
- Durable 20-inch steel deck
- Mower, electric, with 12A motor (excl. extension cord)
- Three-in-one (cover, side row and back bag)
- The button starts. Drive system: manual
- The 7-station height adjustment provides a cutting height range from 1-1 inch to 3-3 inch for all grass species.
- Folding handle for compact storage
- 4-year tool warranty protects your investment
I used to have gas mowers and battery-powered lawnmowers. They are not convenient for me. I used to forget to buy gas when I used a gas mower on the lawn. The battery-powered lawn mower can only use 15 Mill for 29 minutes. I bought this electric lawn mower this time. It works very well. It requires almost no assembly. It works! The handlebars can be folded easily. The 16 GAL grass box is big enough for us. This electric lawn mower is very powerful. Nice lawn mower!
- Description:TACKLIFE Electric Lawn Mower, 16-Inch 11Amp Corded Lawn Mower, 6 Mowing Heights, Central Adjustment System, Easy Folding in 5s, 16Gal Grass Box, 10-Inch Rear Wheels & Save Effort–KALM1340A
- Product Dimensions:57.09 x 17.32 x 43.3 inches
- Item Weight:28.7 pounds
- 😎【Ready to Use Without Assembly】 - This corded lawn mower is designed for a minimum using complicity. There is no assembly need and you could mower your yards out of box. The control frame is also foldable, which makes winter storage a simple task. Folded size: 30” x 17.7” x 15”
- 🏡【16-Inch Cleaning Cutting Width】 - Robustly constructed with a 16-Inch metal steel blade and a 11-Amp powerful motor, it produces a great cutting efficiency despite the larger width. It can also treat in tall grass without leaving heaps of grass clippings behind. The grass receiving rate is 95%, which reduces the pressure of cleaning your yard after mowing
- 🚛【GET IT WITHIN 12 DAYS】 -Due to the large size of the package, it may cause damage to the machine or parts lost due to bumps during transportation. If you find a corresponding situation, please contact our customer service (e-mail: [email protected])
- 👍【6-Central Adjustment System】 - Compared with the adjustment switch beside the wheel, the central adjustment system is more convenient and straightforward. You also have 6 positions (0.98 to 2.95 Inch) to choose from. Ideal for a medium-sized lawn and it provides you more choices on landscaping lawn
- 🎁【16Gal-Collector with Indicator】 - This high capacity 16gal collector takes up less space, while still collecting a lot of grass and being easy to clean. There’s also an indicator that tells you when it’s full and reduces the empty frequencies
After receiving a professional horticultural estimate, I spent $8000 mowing my lawn, and I decided to become my own gardener. After reading Amazon's comments, I bought Margaret Thatcher of Green Engineering 27022 ropes. One commentator mentioned using the recommended heavy extension cord, so I bought it, too. I used green engineering throughout the yard-a total of four times (the yard is about 100 x 110'). I filled the yard waste containers with 2-96 gallons of debris and 12 cowhide bags (about 32 gallons each). Then my husband and I filled all the old mole holes and tunnel depressions with four cubic yards of topsoil. Next, we sprinkled grass seeds in bare places and five cubic yards of compost throughout the yard. The lawn was well watered in the end. The photos show the results. This is not a $8000 professional lawn, but it has greatly improved $8000 and a lot of hard work.
- Description:Greenworks 14-Inch 10 Amp Corded Dethatcher 27022
- Product Dimensions:37.8 x 22.83 x 44.09 inches
- Item Weight:25.9 pounds
- Powerful 10 Amp Motor
- 14-Inch Dethatching Path
- Stainless Steel Tines
- Foldable Handles For Compact Storage
- 4-Year Tool Warranty Protects Your Investment
- 3-Position Tine Depth Adjustment
This lawn mower is the best investment, cutting is very good, looks very clean, the operation is very easy, and the weight is light, easy to transfer! When the package arrived, I was glad it didn't weigh a ton. When it was finally delivered, I had a few questions about the shape of the box. You can tell it is the rudeness caused by not handling it carefully. There was the original tape, and when it was sent out, it was pulled out in some places, and the top wasn't even closed. But the postal service has used the glue seven times at the top to keep it closed. This is a bit of a worrying idea, and some things may have fallen out in transit. Then, when the carrier arrived, they took it to a designated place, asked to place it, and threw it down as if it were no longer a problem. I was a little angry, but when they finally left, I was really happy! And the shape of its final arrival is by no means the responsibility of the manufacturer. I just want to make this clear, because a lot of times, when customers look at some of the items they receive, they think it's the seller's fault, but it's not! Now that I have the lawnmower itself, when I take it out of the box, it's still authentic, thank God! Good at coating and color selection. The manual and oil are in a sealed bag, which is good. If something spills or leaks, don't worry about the mess everywhere. Easy to read and follow T.
- Description:Craftsman M105 140cc 21-Inch 3-in-1 Gas Powered Push Lawn Mower with Bagger, 1-in
- Product Dimensions:34.75 x 23.88 x 17.75 inches
- Item Weight:65 pounds
- Lawn Mower width – 21” | Weight – 65 lbs. | Minimum Cutting Height – 1.25” | Maximum Cutting Height – 3.75” | Front wheel size – 7” | Rear wheel size – 8” | Engine – 140cc Briggs and Stratton
- Your purchase includes One Craftsman M105 140cc Gas powered Push Lawn Mower, One bagger and engine oil
- Minor assembly is required but is easily accomplished with little to no mechanical experience
- Engine comes equipped with recoil and auto choke. No more fussing with a primer or choke - just pull to start. Unit is gas-powered and not self-propelled. Product folds for storage
- 3 in 1 Capabilities: Unit has side discharge, rear discharge, and mulching
Let me start by saying that I am a 60-year-old woman, 5 feet nothing, back and knee problems. I have an acre to cut. It's not flat. I'm fed up with gas lawnmowers that can't start, and I'm fed up with people who say they're coming to fix it, but they can't. Out of frustration, I decided to gamble and try the scroll mower. I'm glad I did! I chose this particular one because it had good comments, and one of my concerns was whether the scroll mower could handle my big yard. Well, it handles it like a champion, and because it's so light and compact, it's better than a gas lawnmower in many ways. My other concern is whether I can mow the grass in my yard with a reel mower, or in such a big yard. So I handled it like a champion! The first time I used it, my knee fell out and I had to quit. But that's because I walked so fast with it at first, because I thought I had to do it to make it work. As I limped slowly across the yard, I realized it wasn't true. So, after putting an ice pack on my knee for a while, I went back to mow the grass, this time at a comfortable speed. It takes me a total of two hours to mow the grass in my yard, so I have 30 minutes of exercise four times a week. I hope I can lose some weight with this little lawnmower. Extra reward! Haha, the lawnmower is well packed and comes out of the box easily. The only assembly needed is to put the handles together and put them on the lawnmower. You don't need tools.
- Description:Great States 815-18 18-Inch 5-Blade Push Reel Lawn Mower, Grey
- Brand:Great States
- Product Dimensions:25 x 14 x 10.5 inches
- Item Weight:27 pounds
- Department:Walk-Behind Lawn Mowers
- Manufacturer:Great States
- Great States 5-blade manual push reel lawn mower features 18" cutting width, 5-blade ball bearing reel, and 10" composite wheels
- Quick, adjustable cutting height of 0. 5"-2. 75" for a clean, even cut every time with this Great States 18 Inch 5-blade manual push reel lawn mower
- Loop-style handle with cushioned grip and lightweight design for comfort when using this manual 5-blade push rotary reel lawn mower; Easy, tool-less assembly
- Clean and quiet way to maintain your lawn; Great States manual hand push rotary reel lawn mower with no motor and gassless power requires no gasoline or oil
- Blades on this manual hand push reel rotary lawn mower are made of quality, heat-treated alloy steel for staying sharp longer
I bought this because I am 67 years old and can no longer carry big things, nor can I safely assemble anything to replace it. I had to replace the blade and install a cover kit on the John Deere Z335E zero-turn 42-inch lawn mower. I'm good with tools. I was able to assemble it in about 30 minutes after unpacking, with no missing parts and no screw / bolt hole dislocation. It has four small wheels, so it can drive to a suitable place for the lawn mower. I drive the lawn mower, hit the parking brake, block the rear wheel, and then push up to the maximum (2 feet?) To make sure both angles don't get stuck (I don't know what to call them, but there are two "stuck" places suitable for locking in high ground.) Be careful, when I do this for the first time, one is "in" and the other is "out". With a little teasing, it was easy for both of them to sit down. Then I release the pressure on the bottle Jack so that it stays on the "stop", and then re-tighten the release on the bottle Jack to ensure that the Jack remains the same even if the stop slips. Re-reinforced as a safety precaution. I worked under the lawn mower for more than an hour without any problem. I pulled it down a little bit, released the "stop block", then stepped on the stop block to the locked position, then gently unscrewed the bottle Jack safety valve and stood aside. because as the lawnmower goes down, the whole Jack rolls back slightly to compensate for the height. It's mostly folded, but not completely flat. When it rises from the wall, it sticks out about a foot. I don't usually write comments, but this is a..
- Item Weight:55 pounds
- Product Dimensions:44 x 18 x 9 inches
- Manufacturer Part Number:T-5335A
- Cover Included:Bottle Jack^Foot Pedal^Handle^Left Wheel Basket Assembly^Right Wheel Basket Assembly^Roller Assembly^Height Lock Lever Assembly^Hardware Kit
- Rubber padded platform to prevent scratching and to protect your machine
- Safety lock for safely supporting the load
- Non-slip foot pedal allows effortless lifting the load
- Easily maneuverable and adjustable for a wide variety of machine
I admit I'm skeptical about portable small lawnmowers, but wow! I love it! It was two weeks earlier than the announcement, and it was light even in the box. It took about time. I have 15 minutes to unpack and assemble. Plug in the charger and let them recharge at dinner, then go out and start it to see how noisy it is. A super simple start. Just to see how it was cut. Improve it a few grades (by the way, it's easy to do with leverage), and finally cut off the whole yard, because it's so easy, so much fun! When I was mowing the lawn, I visited a young man on a bicycle. He said he liked my lawnmower! When I'm done, about. An hour later, the yard looked great and I had two sticks left in my battery. The handle is very easy to fold, so it can be stored almost anywhere, and I cleaned it with a leaf blower. The only bad thing I can think of is a 17-inch blade. I use a 21-inch lawn mower, so yes, it needs a few more brushes, but seriously. I didn't even notice. I can mow the grass all night! Share: I am a 59-year-old woman who changed her knees a year and a half ago. Mowing grass is no longer the worst housework! Thank you, Sun-joo!
- Description:Sun Joe 24V-X2-17LM Mulching Lawn Mower w/Grass Catcher, Kit (w/ 2X 4.0-Ah Battery and Charger)
- Brand:Sun Joe
- Product Dimensions:48.4 x 17.7 x 42.9 inches
- Item Weight:43.4 pounds
- Manufacturer:Snow Joe
- 48V POWER: Included 2x 4. 0 Ah batteries offer up to 65 minutes of rechargeable runtime
- POWERFUL: Perfect for small to medium lawns, the battery-powered mower's durable steel blade cuts a crisp 14" wide path with precision in a single pass
- WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED! : Your new lawn mower is backed by the Snow Joe + Sun Joe Customer Promise. We will warrant new, powered products for two years from the date of purchase. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Contact Snow Joe + Sun Joe customer support at 1-866-766-9563 for further assistance.
- Power Source Type: Battery Powered
- ADJUSTABLE DECK: Tailor cutting height with 3-position manual height adjustment
This is the comment I wanted to read when I bought this a year ago. There are a lot of weeds and horsetail grass in my yard. Who knows what it is. Those with grass as thin and thick as a golf course do not need this comment. I put it in part of the yard. This cuts very well.) 1. This lawnmower is very quiet. It smells good when I mow the lawn, and it is actually easier to mow than my old gas mower. It also costs less than my old lawn mower. I'm glad I got it. I hope I never have to go back to the gas mower. When used correctly, this lawnmower will cut about 99% of the lawn very well. If you're a perfectionist, it may drive you crazy, but under no circumstances will you cut off every piece of grass in the yard like I do. The reason is that I think it's a design flaw. The lawnmower knocks down anything more than 6 inches tall and doesn't trim at all. When you have weeds and other undesirable grasses in your yard, some of them will be more than 6 inches before the lawn really needs to be mowed. For me, this is about 1% of the lawns I need to go back and mow by hand. The bigger problem is that if you go on vacation or if it rains for two weeks in a row, you may not be able to mow the grass at all. There's nothing wrong with this thing dealing with the hills. It's much lighter than my old gas lawnmower and much less dangerous up and down the steep hills in my backyard. There are no flat spots in my yard.) Yes, it's an exercise, but it's not as bad as a gas lawnmower. The self-propelled lawn mower burned the belt in a relatively short period of time.
- Description:Fiskars StaySharp Max Reel Mower, 18 Inch (362050-1001),Black
- Product Dimensions:24 x 23.5 x 14.25 inches
- Item Weight:51.7 pounds
- The InertiaDrive reel is specially designed for all types of grass and provides twice the cutting capacity to slide through hard areas. The StaySharp cutting system has no unnecessary contact when cutting, greatly reducing wear and achieving lasting performance.
- The use of advanced drum lawnmower is 60% simpler than other drum lawn mowers, making it enjoyable to mow the grass.
- The new reversible grass grooves can be positioned forward, away from your feet, or guide cropping backward and downward.
- The mosaic wheel allows the blade to extend to the entire width of the lawn mower, eliminating uncut strips and edges near the base and fence
- The StaySharp cutting system cuts without unnecessary contact, which greatly reduces wear and achieves lasting performance without the need for expensive blade grinding every year.
- Limited 3-year period
Update: lawn mowers are also suitable for coverage. It is easy to change from a cover to a basket. I often shop at Amazon, often read and rely on customer reviews, but I rarely write reviews. I've been mowing the lawn for 60 years, and I've always believed you need a 5-horsepower gas mower to mow the lawn. Full stop. But times have changed. I'd like to try an electric rope lawnmower and see if it can help solve a few problems. Until last month, I had never, never used anything but gasoline. The 16-inch lawnmower exceeded everyone's expectations. I gave up my old lawnmower, gas tank, air filter, and threw away the oil-changing pan and a bunch of other things. I'm never going back. The lawn mower is well designed. I don't know how long it will last, but based on three heavy, wet, tall northwest spring grasses, I think the quality of the building is very good, and I expect it to continue. It has enough power to mow the grass. It is very easy to change the height of the lawnmower with a control. The cover plug is a popular supplement (but the cover will have to wait for dry weather.) I had no idea that the lawn trap would work, but it not only worked well, but it was also better than any other lawnmower I had ever used. There is an impeller (or something) mounted above the blade, which may have something to do with filling the bag. In addition, the smooth surface at the bottom of the lawnmower may be related to this. In any case, the lawn bag is full of wet l. in any case, the lawn bag is full of wet weight.
- Description:Greenworks 16-Inch 10 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower 25142
- Product Dimensions:28.4 x 15.75 x 20.3 inches
- Item Weight:37.5 pounds
- Manufacturer:Sunrise Global Marketing, LLC
- Lawn Mower dimensions – 52.05” L x 19.21” W x 41” H | Wheels size – 7” and 8” | Cutting width – 17”
- Your purchase includes One Greenworks 16" 10 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower, 25142 model
- The unit is made of high quality durable plastic, which allows it to be light in weight and easy to maneuver
- Single lever 5-position height adjustment offers cutting height range from 1-1/4 inch to 3-3/8-inch for the best cut in all environments
- 2-in-1 feature offers rear bagging and mulching capability for multiple use
|# TOP||1-Sun Joe AJ801E Det...||2-GreenWorks 20 Inch...||3-TACKLIFE Electric...||4-Greenworks 14 Inch...||5-Craftsman M105 140...||6-Great States 815 1...||7-Pro LifT T 5335A L...||8-Sun Joe 24V X2 17L...||9-Fiskars 362050 100...||10-Greenworks 16 Inch...|
|Product Dimensions||21 x 23 x 41 inches||26.9 x 16.1 x 18 inches||57.09 x 17.32 x 43.3 inches||37.8 x 22.83 x 44.09 inches||34.75 x 23.88 x 17.75 inches||25 x 14 x 10.5 inches||44 x 18 x 9 inches||48.4 x 17.7 x 42.9 inches||24 x 23.5 x 14.25 inches||28.4 x 15.75 x 20.3 inches|
|Item Weight||27 pounds||56 pounds||28.7 pounds||25.9 pounds||65 pounds||27 pounds||55 pounds||43.4 pounds||51.7 pounds||37.5 pounds|
|Manufacturer||Snow Joe||GreenWorks||TACKLIFE||GreenWorks||MTD||Great States||Pro-Lift||Snow Joe||Fiskars||Sunrise Global Marketing, LLC|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||-||-||-|
|View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon|
Best Lawn Mowers Buying Guide
What is a mower?
Mowers are agricultural machines that have been used to cut wheat and other winter grass. As the tools have advanced, they have also been used for mowing green fodder for hay, grass and also for cutting lawns in parks, gardens and sports fields, etc.
The mowers are composed of a cutting bar and a blade with reciprocating movement inside tiptoes, a pinwheel that pushes the vegetation against the cutting bar. There are manual, motor and some industrial mowers with the capacity to mow large areas of vegetation in a single pass.
The power of the motor will define the cutting capacity of your mower. Gasoline engines are usually the most powerful, although there are electric motors with powers greater than 1500 W. These powerful engines will allow you to mow the lawn quietly and without getting tired on very large areas of land.
Battery models and robotic lawnmowers have less power. These mowers are ideal for small spaces, not exceeding 200 square meters. The power will also affect the type of grass that the machine can cut. For dense or thick vegetation, it is advisable to use a powerful engine.
Type of motor
In the market, there is a wide variety of mowers, with different motors. The most common and powerful is the gasoline engine. These are economical and have great autonomy, but their engine requires more care. The electric ones are somewhat more expensive but require less care. In return, they must be connected to the current.
There are models of mowers with cordless electric motors. These battery machines are much less powerful and when they run out they stop working until they are recharged. If you don’t want motor problems, some manual models are quiet and very easy to use and maintain.
Type of Mower
The most common mowers are gasoline and tractor type. These models are very powerful and have excellent autonomy, they allow you to cut large areas of land comfortably and quickly. They also adapt to garden imperfections. They require a lot of maintenance and can be somewhat expensive.
On the other hand, there are several models of mowers with electric motors. Some with cables, others with batteries and even autonomous robotic type. These require less maintenance but are less powerful. Finally, there are models of manual mowers, which are quiet and ideal for small terrains.
Integrated carrying handles and ergonomic handles are, among other accessories, improvements that reduce the effort of the person or prevent damage to be done both when moving the machine and when working. Gardening activities are always exposed to inclement weather, so it is better to work comfortably.
Some mowers have ergonomic and flexible handles that absorb machine vibrations. There are also folding and lightweight models that take up little space and with height control options on the handle. Review the specifications of each model you look online and choose the one that best suits your needs. Good Luck!