You can find wide categories of chisel sets. They can range from economical tools to specialized models. You can use it for DIY works at home or professional woodworking for fine furniture. A set of chisel is very necessary tool for good results. It looks simple in design consisting of a handle and blade. But it takes time to choose the best type of chisel set for individual needs. This buying guide gives a couple of guidelines. Take these factors into consideration before buying. Keep reading.
If I hadn't seen a carpenter in the YouTube video saying they were very good, I wouldn't even have thought about it. There are three or four on Amazon that look almost the same, and I chose these because they are in the middle of the price range for the same devices.
As for prices, I expect them to be a little rough, but I am very satisfied that they are so well cleaned up and easy to clean up. Any chisel, regardless of price, needs to be sharpened before it is used.
This set is easy to sharpen because all four are very flat. And they don't need much pre-dressing to prepare them for the final edge. Each chisel only takes about 10 minutes to work, and the edges appear well. More work is needed to remove burrs from some of the edges.
I checked the hardness and some much more expensive chisels and found that they were similar. Initial use shows that they can maintain edges as expected.Advice.
- Description:GREBSTK Professional Wood Chisel Tool Sets Sturdy Beech Wood Handles Chrome Vanadium Stainless Steel Woodworking Tools for Carving Knifes/Chisel Kit, 4PCS, 1/4 inch,1/2 inch,3/4 inch,1 inch
- Item Weight:1.23 pounds
- Product Dimensions:10 x 1 x 1 inches
- Color:Oxford bag
- Style:GREBSTK Professional Wood Chisel Tool Sets
- Material:Chrome Vanadium Steel + Beech
- Handle Material:Sturdy Beech Wood Handles
- GREBSTK woodworking chisel set-non-rusty, sharp edge, high hardness, beech handle. The best chisel set is suitable for all amateur and professional carpentry.
- High-grade Kraft paper packaging, suitable for storage and gift giving.
- The perfect woodworking set-GREBSTK chisel set is exactly what you need for challenging woodworking projects. They are particularly suitable for pruning wood, trimming in design projects and construction work. The bag chiseled into a zipper can not only protect your woodcarving equipment, but also help you carry it with you easily. The best chisel set of GREBSTK brand is suitable for all amateurs and professionals.
- Professional carpentry set-use this rugged carpentry chisel set to upgrade your carpentry equipment. This amazing set of tools consists of four sturdy and well-made carving tools in the following sizes: 1 hammer 4 ", 1 hand 2", 3 hand 4 ", 1". Whether you are a professional carpenter or carving is just a hobby, this complete set of chisels is exactly what you need to complete a challenging woodworking project.
- High quality chisel set-the cutting edge of woodworking chisel is made of chromium vanadium steel (Cr-V), which is not rusty, sharp edge and high hardness. For your safety, each chisel has its own helmet, which will cover the sharp blade when you finish your work. The GREBSTK chisel set is sturdy and durable. It also ensures that they will last for a long time and is ready for any wood carving work.
- Beech handle-the GREBSTK chisel is made of beech wood and tightened with stainless steel hoops to provide you with the safest and most comfortable grip. The lightweight handle and sharp beveled edges give you the best control over the carving chisel to carve any wood easily and with high precision. This design will help to withstand greater impact and have a longer service life.
- See more on Amazon...
I need to replace some chisels that are well used and abused. These will be similarly used and abused. They look too good to abuse. For the price, they are very good, will meet my demand very well.
- Description:Hurricane 4 Pieces Wood Chisel Set Cr-V Construction for Woodworking Carving PVC High Impact Handle
- Item Weight:1.15 pounds
- Product Dimensions:7.87 x 4.72 x 1.38 inches
- Edge: woodworking carving uses bevel edge, which is suitable for all cork, hardwood and laminated wood products.
- Quality material: drop forged chromium vanadium steel blades, durable and heat treated to maintain edges
- Surface treatment: lacquer coating protects and lubricates the blade to make it cut smoothly
- Handle: PVC color transparent high impact handle
- Dimensions: comes with dimensions: 1 hammer 4 ", 1 stroke 2", 3 stroke 4 ", 1", full-length blade cover for increased safety
- See more on Amazon...
I have just received these and I am very satisfied with this purchase. For the prices I pay, I expect to have to sharpen these immediately. This is not the case. I will get a lot of use before I have to sharpen my profits.
Note: it is important to note that this set of tools I bought specifically for "at the workplace" will consist mainly of rougher chisels. I have a more expensive set of carpenters in my shop
- Description:WORKPRO 3-piece Wood Chisel Set, Cr-V Construction, Bi-Material Soft Grip with Hammer End for Woodworking, Carving
- Item Weight:1.39 pounds
- Product Dimensions:12 x 6 x 2 inches
- Size:Wood Chisel Set
- Style:Wood Chisel Set
- Material:Chrome vanadium steel,rubber
- Carpenter carves multi-purpose beveled edges, suitable for all cork, hardwood and laminated wood products
- Drop the forged chromium-vanadium steel blade, durable, and heat-treated to keep the edge;
- Included dimensions: 1 stroke 2 ", 3 stroke 4", 1 ", full-length blade cover for increased security;
- Ergonomic dual-material handle provides great comfort and strong handling.
- A steel head specially designed for hammering or hammering;
- See more on Amazon...
I punched one of the fists through hell with a three-pound gavel last weekend, and it held up well. The handle of the knife is a little bad. The transparent part cracked, and when it was hanging on the wall, a fist fell off.
Repaired it with some good gorilla tapes. It's a good price. I gave you a lot of tools to play around, and they held on.I see.
- Description:Grip 28 pc Heavy Duty Punch & Chisel Set
- Item Weight:8.06 pounds
- Product Dimensions:17.5 x 5.25 x 1.5 inches
- Size:Оne Расk
- Drop weight forging, heat treatment, chromium vanadium steel.
- See more on Amazon...
I don't spend much time with them, but they wear well. The situation, or tool volume, is good. Although the front metal belts are well connected, the back ring is a little loose, and I guess these will become more compact with the rapid expansion of the back end.
Basically, know that you are not buying expensive tools.
- Description:AmazonBasics 4-Piece Wood Chisel Set - 1/2-Inch to 1-1/4-Inch, Wooden Handle
- Item Weight:2.14 pounds
- Product Dimensions:13 x 12.2 x 4 inches
- Size:1/2" - 1-1/4"
- Chisel sizes include 1 inch (13 mm), 3 inch (19 mm), 1 inch (25 mm) and 1-1 inch (32 mm).
- 4-piece set of chisel tools for amateurs or professional carpenters
- The comfortable wooden handle reduces hand tension and improves accuracy.
- Storage bags with buckle covers keep tools neat and secure
- Heat treated chromium vanadium (Cr-V) steel alloy blades and beveled edges
- Backed by AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
- See more on Amazon...
I don't know how they will last, but I don't really care, because I almost never use them, but at least with these, when I need them, I'll have a good one. In most cases, the purpose I plan to use is to cut the pin plane, which I have used to plug the hole.
I used a 300 / 1000 grindstone and a sharpening guide to adjust them, which really didn't take long. I flattened the back and sharpened the front. Teach me how to do this on YouTube. I was told that even the best need to do it.
These chisels are much better than any chisel I have, but to be honest, that doesn't mean all my old chisels were carpenters' chisels from hardware stores. I saw these recommendations on how to sharpen the chisel in the YouTube video.
They didn't provide their links, they didn't even give them names, but he bought a lot of them for the class he thought. I saw the prices he mentioned at Amazon, and they looked exactly the same, so I gave it a try.
I can't tell you how sharp they are unless they're better than mine. Before using it, I basically just practiced my new technique, chisel sharpening, but as I said, I didn't know the quality of the steel. I used them a few times, and they did well and obviously met my needs.
- Description:Wood Chisel Sets, Basecent Cr-V Professional Wood Chisels For Carpentry, Woodworking Wood Carving Bench Chisel Sets, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1 Inch Hand Chisel For Wood, Sharp Wood Bevel Edge Chisel Tools - 4
- Item Weight:1.6 pounds
- Package Dimensions:13.8 x 5 x 1.3 inches
- Material:Stainless Steel
- Pattern:Wood Chisel Set
- Perfect blade hardness-the blade is made of fine-grained chromium vanadium steel with a hardness of 59HRC. This means that the steel is hard and can be kept sharp for a long time. It is easy to be brittle if the hardness grade is too high and passivated if the hardness grade is too low. Therefore, the hardness of chromium-vanadium steel is as high as 59HRC, so it is an ideal steel for wood chiseling.
- 4 sizes [heavy] wooden chisel-these 4 sizes are 1ax 4 inch, 1 stroke 2 inch, 3 stroke 4 inch, 1 inch, these four dimensions are the most used in carpentry. Whether you are a beginner or a professional, these four sizes are very suitable for your carpentry work.
- Satisfaction guarantee-We will try our best to help you until you are 100% satisfied. If you are not satisfied with this product under any circumstances, the Basecent wooden chisel set will provide a 100% refund guarantee-there will be no problem. Then what are you waiting for? Buy it today!
- Perfect chisel for all kinds of wood-Basecent bench chisel is ideal for hardwood (oak, elm, birch, etc.) and cork (such as spruce, pine, etc.). And laminated wood. The bevel table chisel set is also a multi-functional manual chisel, which is often used to cut wood and cut wood.
- Perfect beech [hardwood] handle-compared to the plastic handle, the wooden handle brings perfect balance to the chisel and has an amazing feel and appearance. The handle of the Basecent chisel is made of beech wood and tightened with stainless steel hoops. This design will help to withstand greater impact and have a longer service life.
- See more on Amazon...
Update: customer service personnel have contacted me and provided alternative products. Although I have not yet used a substitute, the reaction and concern for my initial dissatisfaction exceeded my expectations, and of course there is a need to improve rating.
/This to have a nice product that feels good, and you can really see the attention to detail because they are very well processed and have a durable coating to prevent them from rust. I really want to see better results.
The metal is too soft. One chisel has round edges, the other has curved corners, and even another chisel has a chip on it. I read that some new chisels need new metal to get harder steel. I'll give it a try and see if the edge can support it better.
However, if the results are the same, none of this is worth taking the time to re-grind each use. Because the price is not too high. I hate to think of them as a one-off set, but that's what I see them now.
- Description:Wood Chisel Sets, METAKOO 4PCS Wood Chisels 1/4",1/2",3/4",1", Hardened Spring Steel Woodworking Tools with Safety Cap, Soft Grip Handles, Wood Chisel Set for Woodworking, Carving MWC01
- Item Weight:1.68 pounds
- Package Dimensions:11.73 x 7.05 x 1.38 inches
- Size:1/4", 1/2", 3/4", 1"
- Special Features:▲Double heat treatment and polished surface<br> ▲4Pcs Wood Chisel 1/4”, 1/2”, 3/4”, 1”<br> ▲Anti-slip and Comfortable handle<br> ▲Each comes with safety cap
- [application scenario] for all cork, hardwood and laminated wood projects, the METAKOO wood chisel set is always the best choice to meet all the needs of your wood carving work.
- The high carbon content of the chisel [quenched spring steel] makes the chisel harder so that the mortise can be cut out to better maintain its shape. Double heat treatment and polishing surface make the chisel sharper and deburr.
- Upgrade your woodworking equipment with this set of wooden chisels. This amazing set consists of four sturdy and exquisite carving chisels of different sizes: 1 hand 4 ", 1 hand 2", 3 hand 4 ", 1".
- The grip handle [comfortable handle] combines PP and tpr materials. The ergonomic handle meets the user's need for softness and hardness when grasping the chisel.
- For your safety, each chisel has a helmet to cover the sharp blade.
- See more on Amazon...
I have been working as a carpenter for decades and have a major project involving cutting complex and precise sarcophagus, and my old chisel frustrates me. After searching all the brands on Amazon, the Narex chisel seems to have been consistently well received and priced very cheaply.
They do very well, and they are very sharp. I'm a good carpenter, but not a fanatic who spends hours fine-tuning new tools. These very well tailored boxes were held without re-polishing for my entire project. This set has a very useful size choice and meets my needs, and most projects involve chisels.
- Description:Narex 6 pc Set 6 mm (1/4), 10 (3/8), 12 (1/2), 16 (5/8), 20 (13/16), 26 (1-1/16) Woodworking Chisels in Wooden Presentation Box 853053
- Item Weight:1.63 pounds
- Product Dimensions:6.37 x 13.5 x 1.5 inches
- The blade is made of fine-grained, well-tempered chromium-manganese steel and quenched to rc 59.
- Six sets on a wooden gift box
- The handle is made of dyed European beech
- The ground is beveled by 25 degrees.
- Contains the following dimensions: 6, 10, 12, 16, 20 and 26 mm
- See more on Amazon...
I have more expensive Swiss-made wooden chisels, which are well done-but I use them much more frequently. They keep the edges well and do not need to be treated as delicate objects. Instead of patting the end of the handle with your hand, you can hit these with a hammer, and they will come back more.
I am a professional carpenter. My son recently decided to become a carpenter, as well! This is one of the first toolsets I recommended to him when setting up his store. Highly recommended!
- Description:IRWIN Marples Chisel Set for Woodworking, 6-Piece (M444SB6N)
- Item Weight:3 pounds
- Product Dimensions:12.5 x 11 x 1.75 inches
- Style:Set Only
- Material:High Carbon Solid Forged Steel
- Designed for mallets or palms
- Slender silhouette handle for increased handling, accuracy and comfort
- The set includes 1ax 4 ", 3ax 8", 1max 2 ", 5max 8", 3ax 4 "and 1" chisel and wooden case.
- The high carbon steel blade is quenched to 58m HRC, which improves the ability of cutting edge retention.
- An ideal choice for the application of traditional fine woodworking
- See more on Amazon...
|# TOP||1-GREBSTK Professional Vanadium Stainless Woodworking||2-Hurricane Pieces Construction Woodworking Carving||3-WORKPRO 3 Piece Construction Bi Material Woodworking||4-VonHaus Premium Craftsman Woodworking Sharpening||5-Grip Heavy Duty Punch Chisel||6-AmazonBasics 4 Piece Wood Chisel Set||7-Basecent Professional Chisels Carpentry Woodworking||8-METAKOO Wood Chisel Set 4pcs||9-Narex Woodworking Chisels Wooden Presentation||10-Irwin Tools Marples Woodworking M444SB6N|
|Item Weight||1.23 pounds||1.15 pounds||1.39 pounds||8 pounds||8.06 pounds||2.14 pounds||1.6 pounds||1.68 pounds||1.63 pounds||3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||10 x 1 x 1 inches||7.87 x 4.72 x 1.38 inches||12 x 6 x 2 inches||6.5 x 6.06 x 2.99 inches||17.5 x 5.25 x 1.5 inches||13 x 12.2 x 4 inches||-||-||6.37 x 13.5 x 1.5 inches||12.5 x 11 x 1.75 inches|
|Size||1/4",1/2",3/4",1"||-||Wood Chisel Set||10 pc||Оne Расk||1/2" - 1-1/4"||-||1/4", 1/2", 3/4", 1"||-||6-Piece|
|Material||Chrome Vanadium Steel + Beech||Metal||Chrome vanadium steel,rubber||Heat-Treated||Chrome||-||Stainless Steel||Other||Steel||High Carbon Solid Forged Steel|
|View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon||View On Amazon|
Chisel Sets Buying Guide
A chisel set with good quality is a necessity for any home or specialized use. You need to know that a higher value tend to cost more. A few more bucks of investment will pay off in long-term. Choose the right type and make sure it is in user-friendly design with quality handles and blades. The ideal tool can be budget friendly in price.
You can find chisel set types vary widely in market. Their features differ greatly based on individual purpose. You can take a view of the following couple of types and choose the most suitable one for your own needs. Bench chisels are most commonly used for wide range of applications. It is designed with beveled edges on three sides. It is able to handle all woodworking jobs with reliable functions. Firmer chisels are a type of bench chisel but it is designed to use with a flat-end handle and mallet. Paring chisels is alike with bench models in design. But they have thinner and longer blades. They tend to be used refine cutting work after a robust chisel has processed. Mortise chisels feature thick front edges for heavy duties. Japanese chisels can perform a wide range of tasks with multiple layers. They can be beautiful but is more expensive in cost. Carving chisels can vary in shapes and sizes for carving purposes.
A chisel set can have wooden or plastic handles. A well-designed wooden handle can brings pleasant experience for a lot of woodworkers. The wood materials can vary widely in different areas. In general cases the wood handled tools should be of round-end design that fits the palm greatly. The models with mallet should be equipped with a steel band to prevent splitting. The drawback is wooden handled tools may not last long for use. The plastic and composite handle tends to be more impact-resistant. You can use it with a hammer. Just be careful of the plain plastic handles in market. They are cheap and look appealing but too fragile to use for heavy duties.
Chisels set blades can be made of steel or steel alloy. That covers categories of molybdenum steel, vanadium steel, manganese steel and carbon steel. Molybdenum steel is used for many tools with shock resistance. However it is not so good for edge tools. Vanadium steel is almost the most popular for chisel blades with decent price. Manganese steel is durable and sharp as it is made very hard. Carbon steel is of different grades of hardness. You can check the hardness level when buying this type.